Sugarlaw has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in about 2 seconds.

If not, visit
http://www.sugarlaws.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 8, 2007

Saffron-Buttered Toast

I bought saffron a month or two ago for a paella recipe that I never ended up trying (for lack of a paella pan, *whoops*). But I figured that I'd have other uses for it -- this is my first attempt. I don't cook with butter usually, but I really like spreading it on bread, and flavored butter especially. So I thought this was a perfect match. Putting saffron in anything makes me feel kind of decadent -- I can almost imagine Donald Trump eating this for breakfast, with a fork made of diamonds...


Saffron-Buttered Toast

INGREDIENTS:
6-8 slices of italian bread
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 generous pinch of saffron

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a small bowl, blend together saffron and butter (if you use unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt at this step).
2. Spread butter generously on slices of bread.
3. Toast on low heat in a toaster oven, or broil for 3-5 minutes.

Serves four.

No comments: