Sugarlaw has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in about 2 seconds.

If not, visit
http://www.sugarlaws.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Red Potato "Chips"

Last night, I got to try out the newest addition to my little kitchen: a wire baking rack! Now, theoretically, these are supposed to be used for cooling cookies, but they're a phenomenal help in making super-crispy oven-baked foods, too. Because the air can circulate around the food, including underneath, you get a crispy edge on the top and the bottom -- yum! Before I bought this, my oven-baked foods were always a little soggy on the bottom, just from contact with the pan.

You could serve these as a side dish for a twist on a meat-and-potatoes meal, or you could give them to little kids (or big kids) to snack on! I remember my dad making a variation of this for me when I was growing up, and I loved them, and I was a very, very picky child.

Here's what they look like straight out of the oven:
Red Potato "Chips"


INGREDIENTS
4 small red potatoes
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
Pinch of black pepper

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Wash and peel potatoes, and slice paper thin
3. In a medium-size bowl, toss potato slices with spices to coat thoroughly
4. Arrange potato slices on a wire rack in a single layer
5. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, and serve.

Serves 2.

No comments: