Sugarlaw has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in about 2 seconds.

If not, visit
http://www.sugarlaws.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Basil Butter

I made this to go with my cornbread, but you could use it with regular bread as well. Or, if you want a really rich roasted chicken dish, you could use this under the skin on the breasts and thighs. My favorite brunch place in the city has strawberry butter at breakfast, and garlic butter if you go for dinner. I wake up on Sunday mornings craving it, and I'm not even normally a butter eater!

Basil Butter


INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
10 basil leaves
Salt, to taste

DIRECTIONS:
1. Mince basil leaves.
2. Combine basil, butter and salt. Mix until blended.
3. Roll butter into a log, and wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate for one hour, or until firm.
4. Remove from refrigerator and slice into pats immediately before serving.

Serves eight.

No comments: